Latest update: May 23, 2018
Your privacy is critically important to us.
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
Information You Provide to Us
Basic Account Information: When a user signs in with a Google federated login to one of our Applications or Services (e.g. Pensieve.ai), we receive their email address and profile information from Google.
Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in draft and published content. For example, if you write a memory in Pensieve.ai that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information.
Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with us about a support question or provide us feedback.
Third party integrations: When you add a third party integration (e.g. Gmail) to an Application (such as Pensieve.ai), we receive an oauth token for you from that third party service. Some of these services may send additional profile information about you along with the token. E.g. Slack sends us your user id and team id along with token and expiry information which is required for us to provide search results.
Information We Collect Automatically
Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create or make changes to your memories, or search for third party content on Pensieve.ai.
Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions you take on the Application.
- With respect to any documents (called memories) you may choose to upload to Pensieve.ai, we take the privacy and confidentiality of such documents seriously. The content of the documents is stored in encrypted fields on the database.
- The oauth tokens for third party integrations are stored encrypted on the user’s local machine and not on our servers. The tokens are only used to issue searches on behalf of the users. No other third party data is stored or indexed on our servers.
- We employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorized access of data about you that we store, including personal information.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
In particular, as soon as you remove a third party integration, we delete any tokens associated with it.
How And Why We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, store and restore memories, provide third party search or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy and benefit from;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Elementree Inc. and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Elementree Inc., solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Elementree Inc. and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Elementree Inc., third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
Your Rights & Choices
You can choose to do the following:
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Elementree Inc. does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our Services.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services you can choose to close your account.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to Owner and Data Controller to find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, Elementree Inc. shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Owner and Data Controller
Elementree Inc. operates in the United States of America.
Elementree Inc. 1388 Gough St, Apt 603, San Francisco, CA 94109
You may contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com